Plastic Surgery for Men
Looking for Male Cosmetic Surgery Options?
According to statistics compiled by the American Society of Plastic Surgery, the popularity of male cosmetic surgery continues to increase. Here are some of the most commonly performed procedures for men:
Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Eyelid surgery
- Hair transplantation
- Male breast reduction
Most Popular Non-Invasive Cosmetic Procedures
- Laser hair removal
- Chemical peels
- Laser skin resurfacing
Male Cosmetic Surgery for the Body
Are you interested in undergoing a cosmetic procedure? Then read the sections below to learn more about the body contouring options for men:
- Liposuction: Male liposuction is becoming increasingly common in the United States and around the world. Learn more about liposuction for men, from the cost of the procedure to the areas of the body men are most commonly sculpting with liposuction.
- Laser Hair Removal: Laser hair removal is ideal for any man with unwanted back, chest, and other body hair. The laser hair removal procedure is simple and virtually painless and can be performed on most areas of the body.
- Tummy Tuck: Male abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, is a common procedure among aging men concerned with natural fat redistribution to the midsection. Abdominoplasty can produce a flatter, tighter, more aesthetically appealing stomach.
- Male Breast Reduction: Gynecomastia is the technical term for enlarged male breasts. The causes of gynecomastia vary, but, due to recent advances in male breast reduction surgery, the condition can be treated.
- Bicep Implants: Bicep implants are a plastic surgery option available to patients who wish to increase the mass and definition of the upper arms.
- Calf Implants: Calf implants are a cosmetic surgery option designed to add size and definition to underdeveloped lower legs.
- Pec Implants: Pectoral implants are a popular plastic surgery option for men seeking to shape and enhance their chest muscles.
Facial Plastic Surgery for Men
Facial plastic surgery options for men include:
- Rhinoplasty: Male rhinoplasty is a surgery for men that has become very popular in light of the fact that it can alter the shape and contour of the nose, a source of embarrassment and self-consciousness for many men.
- Face Lift: Male face lift procedures minimize many of the signs of aging experienced by men. A face lift for men achieves benefits similar to those enjoyed by women, while being tailored to male cosmetic needs. Use DocShop to locate male face lift specialists in your area.
- Eyelid Surgery: Male eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty for men, is a cosmetic procedure designed to correct drooping upper eyelids and puffiness around the eyes. More and more men are undergoing this surgical procedure as a way of rejuvenating the face and eliminating signs of aging.
- Brow Lift: For an increasing number of men, brow lift (forehead lift) surgery is an excellent way to address the eyebrow drooping and forehead creasing that come with age. Brow (forehead) lift procedures for men are different than procedures designed to treat women, and the surgeon must take several factors into consideration to attain a natural look.
- BOTOX® Injections: BOTOX® injections for men are a convenient way for males to enhance their appearance without undergoing surgery.
- Otoplasty: Male ear surgery can be used to reshape and recontour the ears for an improved appearance. Ears that are disproportionately large or that protrude sometimes attract the wrong kind of attention. Ear surgery for men, or otoplasty, can also be used to treat cauliflower ear.
Consult a Plastic Surgeon near You
Interested in undergoing cosmetic surgery? Then use DocShop's online directory to find a plastic surgeon in your area.