Wish You Could Just Sleep Through Every Dental Visit? Now You Can With Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry, also known as sleep dentistry, is ideal for patients with fears, anxieties, and trepidations with dental work.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry:
- It enhances effectiveness of anesthetic
- It decreases gagging during the procedure
- It decreases joint and muscle soreness
- It allows for more treatment in a shorter amount of time, decreasing the total number of visits
By choosing to use sedation dentistry in Little Rock, Dr. C. Lee Wyant is able to provide the patient extreme makeover results with a minimal number of visits and in relative comfort. If you opt for sedation dentistry, the degrees of dental sedation vary as much as the methods of sedation. Dental sedation can do more than just "knock you out."
Types of Dental Sedatives:
- Oral Sedatives
- Intravenous Sedation
- Nitrous Oxide Sedation
- General Anesthesia
As there are varying types of dental sedation, there are degrees of sedation associated with each type of sedative.
Degrees of Dental Sedation
- Anxiolysis - "light sedation"
- Conscious Sedation - moderate sedation through nitrous or IV
- Deep Sedation - a state between conscious and unconscious
- Unconsciousness - general anesthesia requires assistance with the patient's breath; reserved for oral sugary
Dr. C. Lee Wyant is the only accredited cosmetic dentist in
Want More Information?