A Breakdown of Hearing Aids
Over the course of the vast evolution of technology, hearing aids have all become digital. Digital hearing aids manipulate and optimize analog sound to be transmitted to the ear. Immediately, this filtered signal improves a person's ability to interpret the noise with speech. The level of sophistication of a hearing aid can be altered to a degree.
- All different styles and types of digital hearing aids are offered at the Los Gatos Audiology and Hearing Aid Center. The four main styles are behind-the-ear, in-the-ear, in-the-canal, and completely-in-the-canal. Anyone experiencing hearing loss in Los Gatos has access to the best treatments.
Hearing Aids - The Main Types
Micro-CIC (Completely-in-the-Canal): This is the most
hidden type placed in the ear. Patients like that it is very convenient and
functional. This hearing aid is recommended for adults with mild to moderate
· ITC (In-the-Canal): Is less visible in the ear. Unlike the Micro CIC, it allows for features to adjust volume and microphones. This hearing aid is recommended for adults with mild to moderate hearing loss.
· ITE (In-the-Ear): Slightly more noticeable than the ITC because it covers more of your ear. This hearing aid is recommended for people with mild to severe hearing loss.
· BTW (Behind-the-Ear): The largest type. As the name implies, this hearing aid fits behind your ear. This hearing aid is recommended for almost all hearing loss and age groups.
Other Types of Hearing Aids
Open Ear BTE: This hearing aid fits behind the ear and has
a sleek, ultra-thin design. These are easy to wear.
· RIC (Receiver-in-Canal): Very tiny, so they don't give an invasive feeling to the user. These are also convenient to wear.
Those in our California area who are considering a hearing aid or who suspect hearing loss should learn more about audiology in Los Gatos. Contact a recognized Los Gatos hearing loss expert today!
Want More Information?