The Six Best Reasons to Undergo Liposuction
Trying to achieve your ideal body can be incredibly frustrating. Like many men and women, you may exercise and eat right, but stubborn pockets of fat persist. You may even be at your ideal weight, but this is negated by disproportionate fat deposits. Luckily, liposuction is an effective plastic surgery treatment that can help you eliminate obstinate fat and achieve a sleeker, more proportionate body.
How Liposuction Works
Before performing liposuction, you will be given IV sedation or general anesthesia. Then, your doctor will create tiny incisions in the treatment area. The surgeon will insert cannulas, through which he or she will suction out the fat cells. In traditional liposuction, a cosmetic surgeon will manually loosen the fat cells. However, in the more recently developed laser-assisted and ultrasound-assisted liposuction, your doctor will liquefy the fat cells using a precise laser beam or sound waves. Following your procedure, you should see immediate results that will improve as you heal.
The Advantages of Liposuction
Liposuction is one of the most popular types of cosmetic surgery in the United States. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, doctors performed 313,011 liposuction procedures in 2012. It should come as no surprise that the procedure is so popular; liposuction is effective, low risk, and has a number of significant advantages. If you are considering liposuction but are still undecided, here are the top six reasons to undergo the procedure:
1. Boost Self Confidence - When stubborn fat pockets hang on, even after significant weight loss, it can be embarrassing, and it can even make you feel that your work was in vain. Thanks to the immediate effects of liposuction, you will feel confident, attractive, and sexy. Best of all, your body will reveal your natural beauty and responsible lifestyle choices.
2. Eliminate "Trouble Spots" - Liposuction is not intended to be a weight loss procedure, and is not be used to eliminate fat from every area of your body. However, when it comes to treating specific areas, liposuction is an unparalleled treatment for stubborn fat. This procedure can target the stomach, upper arms, thighs, and the buttocks, as well as small areas such as the forehead or underneath the chin.
3. Reshape Your Body - Even if you are at your ideal weight, you may be unhappy with your figure. For instance, you may carry a disproportionate amount of weight in your upper arms or hips. Because you are already at a healthy weight, you cannot rid yourself of this fat. Liposuction allows you to achieve a more proportionate body without unhealthy diet or weight loss. In addition, liposuction can be combined with liposculpture, in which a cosmetic surgeon will remove fat cells from one part of your body and transfer them to another area.
4. Reduce Fat Production - Because liposuction actually removes fat cells, there is a smaller chance that fat cells will return to the same place. Of course, liposuction is not a miracle treatment, and proper diet and exercise is needed to maintain the results of your cosmetic surgery.
5. Stimulate the Growth of Collagen - In addition to removing fat cells, newer laser liposuction techniques can also stimulate the growth of collagen. This protein helps to keep your skin firm and wrinkle-free. Though the body naturally produces collagen, production beings to slow as you age, leading to wrinkles and sagging skin. With laser liposuction, you can enjoy younger looking skin, as well as a younger body.
6. Improve Your Health - According to Dr. Eric Swanson, a plastic surgeon and leading researcher in the field of cosmetic surgery, liposuction can actually reduce triglycerides, or fat cells in the blood. Though the body naturally produces these fat cells, high levels can lead to an increased risk for heart disease. A study found that patients with high levels of triglycerides experienced an average 43% percent reduction after liposuction. Though further research is being conducted, this study reveals fascinating information about liposuction and fat storage in the body.
Find a Cosmetic Surgeon
You work hard to stay healthy, and you deserve a body that reflects your commitment. To take advantage of the many benefits of liposuction, find an experienced plastic surgeon in your area.
Want More Information?